Have you heard about it?
Due to its location, beauty and climate, Sintra has been a favorite of different populations and its
history goes back to the Paleolithic times. Being so close to the capital, the Portuguese Royal
families have built palaces and castles
there, reason why it has become a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
This tour is for those looking to get a good perspective of greater Lisbon. There are so many palaces
to see in Sintra that it would take a week to get to know all of them. So we prefer to spend less time in the village itself
and more time in the national park and coastal area.
- We'll leave Lisbon in direction to Sintra.
- Our first stop is at Quinta da Regaleira: you'll visit
this amazing palace for about an hour and a half (entrance not included,
- After that you'll explore the centre of the village, learn about its
history, culture and gastronomy.
- You'll visit the most famous café, in which you'll be able to try
the typical cakes that were once made for kings and queens.
- We'll hop on our ride and go across the forest to check out some
breathtaking views from the top of the hill.
- At Cabo da Roca, you'll be able to take a photo by the landmark in which
you can read, "Where the land ends and the sea begins" and then send it home
as proof of being at the westernmost point of continental europe.
- We'll take the coastal scenic route back to Lisbon, with another stop at the best
beach for kite surfers: Guincho.
Important things to note
The tour lasts about 6 to 7 hours. Although we won't be hiking, we recommend you wear comfortable clothes and shoes and
lots of sunscreen.
It can be quite windy at Cabo da Roca so take a jacket with you, and if you'd like a taste of the Atlantic waters,
don't forget your swimming clothes!
On specific days we may start the other way around in order to avoid traffic. We'll drop you off at the meeting point.
You can book this tour by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enjoy the tour!